Wednesday, August 23, 2006

Fuzzy

One of Kishmish and Pista's favorite books (they only have like 5 books, but anyway) is Fuzzy fuzzy fuzzy by Sandra Boynton. It's one of those books where you, the reader, get to touch things in the book and learn about how things feel. Like a cow's nose is fuzzy, and a duck's tummy is soft.

My cousin was visiting a couple weeks ago, and Fuzzy fuzzy fuzzy was out on the table. I guess I was doing something else, and he started reading through the book. Please understand, the following is the entire text of the book:

Fuzzy fuzzy fuzzy.
Rough rough rough.
Smoooooooooth (oh, my).
A little bit bumpy.
Incredibly soft.
Do you want to start over with the fuzzy fuzzy guy?

Later my cousin picked up the book again and asked me, "Whose is this?"

I told him it was ours, that we read it with Kishmish and Pista, and they liked to touch the different things in the book. He looked at it again with this puzzled look, as though I had just told him that the copy of The Economist sitting on the table was Pista's favorite bedtime reading.

Later, my husband came up with the best reply to my cousin's stupid question:
"You know I've been trying for months to get through that book. But with two babies around, I just can't seem to find the time!"

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

your cousin would love the politically incorrect alphabet:

http://better-together.co.uk/index.html

mimi said...

That site seems to be down right now!